Tuesday 20 September 2016

Computer powers up but nothing on screen [Solved/Closed]





Report

Computer powers up but nothing on screen [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question tony85 - Latest answer on Nov 3, 2012 12:35AM
Hello,
my computer powers up all lights, fans, hdd and vga fan.. but nothing comes up on screen.... have checked all connections and monitor... was working fine... then left off for few months now nothing on screen... any suggestions wil help...
Thanks
Helpful
+351
moins plus

1. check the RAM is seated
2. Try any other RAM
3. still the same problem check the video or graphics card , if any
4. if no graphics card and problem stiil changing it clear your CMOS by removing battery

6. still problem , check the processor heat sink
7. still problem then suggesting checking motherboard and processor

Billy- Oct 1, 2009 03:09AM
I'm clearing the cmos using the jumper - It has always worked but nothing happens now. I have tried removing the battery and shorting the pins.

The processor fan is new with brand new heat sink silicone. No pci cards inserted.

I have tried replacing the processor.
I have tried replacing the ram.
I have tried replacing the video card.
I have tried disconnecting the hard drives.

No post screen. Full lights and fans. Low hard drive activity.

What should I do?

hiranya- Dec 13, 2009 10:19PM
did u installed 3ds max 2010 recently???? downloaded from torrent site ???

dragonflight- Jan 8, 2010 01:43PM
That would be an odd coincidence, as I did download and run 3ds max 2010 too, shortly before all this. In fact, when it froze in the first place, max was running...

Billy- Oct 1, 2009 12:58AM
I left my pc off for a night and came home and turned it on: the problems are as follows:-

No display; Hard drive activity not normal (not booting up); Lights and fans all working, num lock caps lock and scroll lock all flash once and at this point the display usually comes up but nothing today. I can see the ram test going on as I have corsairs XMS pro ram with activity leds. So here's what I did:

Cleared cmos with jumper on mobo. Rebooted. Same problem.
Swapped the ram for some ram I had spare. Rebooted. Same problem.
Cleared cmos with jumper on mobo. Rebooted. Same problem.
Swapped the graphics card for a crap one that uses less power. Rebooted. Same problem.
Cleared cmos with jumper on mobo. Rebooted. Same problem.
Swapped the processor for a lower speed processor. Rebooted. Same problem.
Cleared cmos with jumper on mobo. Rebooted. Same problem.
Disconnected all hard drives ( They are all SATA 1). Rebooted. Same problem.

rich- May 11, 2011 07:18PM
i just got one of these at nickspcparts.com and it booted right up....
Helpful
+202
moins plus

hi guys , good news for you, because I came here to solve your problem .
Plese follow these steps:---
1. first power on the pc and check the monitor is on or not.
2. If monitor is on and not booting then
3. power off the pc ( please press the power button some second)
4. remove the memory card and power on
5. notice that the beep come from the motherboard or not if yes then your motherboard is ok and give thanks to god because you save lots of money to spent.
6. now check your SMPS.
7. if SMPS is ok then check your PCI slots
8. if any card insert in the pci slots the remove it and start your pc.

NOW ENJOY WITH YOUR PC .
FOR MORE DETAILS PLZ MAIL ME. I SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM. DONT HESITATE.
Helpful
+112
moins plus

my computer powers up all lights, fans, hdd and vga fan.. but nothing comes up on screen.... have checked all connections and monitor... was working fine... now nothing on screen
Helpful
+76
moins plus

I have exactly the same problem since this morning : PC won't boot, fans are running, power and hd leds are on (no hdd activity thus), but the screen remains black...
The battery is ok, the capacitors seem to be ok too.
I don't know what to do...

Chosen one- Sep 4, 2009 11:26AM
the computer powered, the monitor is good, the fan and other things are ok, there is no display in the monitor what could be the problem?

thanks

yousufmedia - Oct 16, 2009 09:27AM
please solve my problem all right but my computer not display anything fan running light monitor ready

valentine Chosen one - Feb 14, 2010 11:37PM
Hi,
It might be the problem with your RAM. take it out and clean with a rubber and kept it again. mostly it will work.
or
Switch of the pc ,take the cmos battery out, switch it on and switch off again. now kept the CMOS battery and swith it. It will work.
after this also it is not working means it should be the problem with the system board. system board might be dead.

atul singh, lucknow- Nov 7, 2009 01:01AM
hello sir
my cpu fan is running ,smps fan is running led is on, I checked every ports ,i changed ram but display is not show,plz tell me solution
Helpful
+36
moins plus

hey same problem but have a fix basily just do this

1. press ctrl + alt+ delete to bring up task manger
2. Make a new task
3.In the box that pops up just type "explorer.exe" no speach marks
4. Your desktop should come up im afraid this may be to a virus you will have to do this every time it loads up so I recomend a virus scan if you have no virus protection just go here
http://download.cnet.com/... its avg free its lasts forever and suits you virus needs (getting rid off)

Help me - Dec 26, 2009 01:07AM
I tried it and it worked,so I restartd my pc and tried it again and it didnt wana work
Helpful
+35
moins plus

switching the memory didn't solve my problem. I was burning a CD and it froze, so I hit the restart button and from that last action, my computer stopped coming up... WHAT TO DO!!!!
Helpful
+24
moins plus

Talked to a tech about the same issue, he stated in getting another power supply. Because of the power supply going bad it cant push everything. Get another power supply then repost if the problem is fixed or still the same. Makes since if you think about it, Its like having a weak battery on a car you have enough juice to run the electricals such as radio,turn signals, and dome lights but wont start the engine... Try getting another Power supply..... its weak.
Helpful
+23
moins plus

Its the motherboard/processor/power supply. Try the motherboard first! I had to replace mine and they gave me a better motherboard, a better processor, and a better gfx card! for a discount :D

- If the fan has power, it's not your power supply unless you added new hardware, then theres a possibility.
- If the CPU LIGHT goes on, but your monitor doesn't, its your monitor. Look at your monitor light!
- Your motherboard is responsible for your RAM, GFX card, Processor, and everything else! I call it the core.
- Dust could've clogged up the PC. Clean it up!
- If all of these fail, disconnect all hard drives and all CD & DVD drives. If it boots up, you know your problem. Just reconnect one by one, following with a startup.

This answer has a 90% chance of answering your question correctly.
Helpful
+22
moins plus

Switch the ram around that will hopefully fix the problem. cos it fixed mine .

ventures- Jul 1, 2010 10:57AM
yes switch the ram arround dat willsolve de problem,it solve mine too. also blow out d dust out
of de CPU with you yur blower if u have1. it really solve the problem. tnks
Helpful
+18
moins plus

3 things:

1- if PC powers up (power light comes on) but nothing else happens = Bad Motherboard or Proccessor

2- Re-seat the memory

3-if PC powers up and it beeps (count the beeps and google it). One beep is normal, more then one = ERROR

4-Swap monitors to make sure it's not monitor.


ps: if you added anything new to the system like a PCI, AGP..anything. it might be a PS issue(not powerfull enough)

good luck!

edgar- Mar 26, 2010 10:36PM
mmmmm but I dont her no beep

Hannan- Jul 19, 2010 04:51AM
I think it's power problem. I am the sufferer for this. My new house has some power problem it always low voltage. So I had same problem but I didn't realise this and changed RAM Processor and MB. After that I found the same problem then, I bring my PC to my office where the power is sufficient and it works. But I lost BDT8500, I am still repenting... So Please check whether you have sufficient power..

Good luck!
Helpful
+16
moins plus

Hi guys, I have the same problem or similar. A few weeks ago I woke up to a frozen desktop after some drunken attempt at watching a film. Anyway I restarted the pc and no display.....everything is powered up but I get a clicking sound from the DVD drive....I have unplugged that, but still no display, bought a new GPU, still no display, removed and replaced ram in different set up's, still no display, is my motherboard somehow fried?

Lee
Helpful
+16
moins plus

dear friends
i face this problem and I became hopeless from that machine

one day when I was thinking to change my machine suddenly a thing came in my mind to change my bios by programming its chip ic from shop I do this and my machine became ok so friends I suggest to change the bios

feel free to contact for any more suggestion from me

bes of kuck

your,s ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

shawn- Oct 29, 2009 04:16AM
POWER SUPPLY problem. I have the same problem, I checked the power supply and found a burn

Messdark- Nov 2, 2009 05:48PM
i turned my pc off at night in the morning I turned it on nothing happen no light, no fan no beep no screen, I am sure my monitor is working properly coz I have 2 pcs so I changed the power surpply
did not resolve the problem it's a dead pc. Any help please?
Helpful
+16
moins plus

I would start by checking every component. If you have spares - try using those to eliminate components as the cause. Use the onboard video card if you have one... If the problem still exists, it is likely not your video card.

One of the most likely causes is RAM. Try reseating all of your ram modules. There is a good chance this is the culprit.
Helpful
+15
moins plus

This is a common fault when certain additional graphics cards are used.
2 options. 1) remove add on graphics card and boot with onboard card. OR
2) inbios check that you have enabled support for any addon cards.
Helpful
+15
moins plus

i think its the graphics card
Helpful
+14
moins plus

i had the same problem.......try changing you RAM....worked for me !!!
Helpful
+13
moins plus

check the cable of your monitor and if nothing happens then check your video card. If again when you open the power of your pc and still the same, you can try to change your video card or again if nothing happens then you should buy another computer coz your pc is dead.....
Helpful
+10
moins plus

it can sometimes mean the graphics card has fried, my computer did it, grahpics card didnt help, neither did it when it happened to gfs computer but when it happened to my managing directors, it fixed it... just my luck
Helpful
+10
moins plus

When I had this problem I needed to get a new motherboard. That fixed it right up

jomar- May 2, 2010 09:05PM
i tried everything ive change power supply, memory ram, video card, only the processor I did did not replace/or test in anohter mother board or your right may be I need a new motherboard.

akram- Nov 3, 2012 12:35AM
go and replace ur motherboard that the perfect solution
Helpful
+10
moins plus

I posted number 17 on here I forgot to ask... what the heck else could be the problem? I mean I used lower rated equipment to ensure the psu wasn't being drained, the mobo seems okay as the ram test is carried out normally... what should I do?

tipscomputer- Oct 1, 2009 09:07AM
then check you monitor. if all are working. then sorry I cant say the reason, but do onething to check the SMPS. if it gives +0.4v or -0.4v variation from actuat means, showing 11.6 or 12.4 instead of 12v , so on. then its good to change it. check all the particular pins of smps and read the voltage. it must me intact. if its okay then try to change all the data cables.

bye

GOD SAVE HIS COMPUTER :)

1 2 Next
Members get more answers than anonymous users.
Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.
Being a member gives you additional options.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!




1 comment: